Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Great Charity Stash-Down

I may be setting myself up for failure with this post title, but even if I fail to achieve greatness in number of items knit, making things for deserving people is always great.

A woman from the knitting group I was an active member of in a previous life (before my son was born, before I went back to school, before my internship) works with a group of college students who have aged out of the foster care system, and she is organizing knitters and crocheters to make hats, mittens, scarves, and other items geared towards young adults. I have until the beginning of December to knit as many items as I can. I plan to use my stash, which includes about 20 balls of a neutral/tan yarn with some nubs of darker brown and cream. It's worsted weight, which is pretty versatile when you're talking hats and mittens, and I do have plenty of it.

I also ordered some kits from Knit Picks on sale, so I have Capra, a very nice merino/cashmere blend, two balls each of five colors. I cast on for my first project last night: something to work on while I wait for the needles I need to finish the sweater I've been working on for me. Hopefully I'll be able to post about my Red Green(field) cardigan in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment