Sunday, June 19, 2011

Great Outdoors Socks

Happy Father's Day, all you dads out here on the internet. For my father, I knit a pair of sport-weight socks: another wonderful free pattern on Ravelry.





It was great to find a basic sock pattern for sport yarn, since I accidentally ordered four skeins of this a few months ago. I had meant to order two, but, well, accidents happen and online shoppers click "submit order" too many times. This is my favorite kind of sock pattern: top-down construction, heel flap, and paired decreases for the toe shaping. Maybe it's primacy, but I have tried toe-up socks, short-row heels, and spiraling decreases and they just leave me wanting.

Of course, I'm also the woman who will never give up double-pointed needles.


What knitting method, technique, or trick is first in your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment